Human productivity can always be better than it is and stress levels can go lower than they are. Domestic cats are one of the most favourite (and independent) pets. Let’s see what people can learn from cats in order to achieve stress-free productivity.
- Sleep More. The absolute minimum required for basic functioning is seven hours of sleep per night. Very often, people spend less time sleeping and this affects their freshness and productivity. For optimum performance, it is advisable to spend at least ten hours of sleep per day.
- Work in Bursts. An old feline proverb that cats know: “Chase mice ten hours a day, catch none. Chase mice one hour a day, catch ten.”
- Moderate Catnip Intake. The human alternative of catnip is called “merlot”. Taken in moderate doses it can help you relax without any side effects. Exceeding the dose can disrupt sleep, cause headaches and lead to other health issues.
- Plan for a Productive Day. If you want to accomplish bigger goals, you need to make a step-by-step plan and break the steps into small tasks. Examine your schedule every morning and prioritize the tasks to be done during the day so that you can move closer to the final goal.
- Do What Pleases You. What to do with tasks that you avoid for one reason or another? Maybe someone else will be more productive at doing them or just have enough time at the moment to do them. Then you should delegate the tasks to such people. Ask politely someone else to do them instead of you. It will give you more time for the tasks and things you like doing and therefore you will do them better.