The productivity of a week depends on every working day. Working harder does is not a warranty for being productive. Working efficiently and smarter is. Here we have few tips to make a week insanely productive.
- Stop Planning, Start Doing. Planning is a good thing, but don’t let that turn into procrastination. Going back to planning mode could derail the actual execution of a task. The task won’t get done by itself, so once done with the initial planning go to work and clear out other prerequisites along the way.
- Don’t Say Yes to Every Request. Just saying yes to somebody for any matter, bringing low or no value eats up your resources. Except if really urgent, saying yes for side tasks obstacles carrying out your schedule. “The difference between successful people and very successful people is that very successful people say no to almost everything” – Warren Buffet.
- Avoid Perfectionism. Seeking a perfection results in delay for all tasks on your list. Looking for perfection causes that you spend more time on any single task. That way you are losing time and delaying the whole working process. The risks associated with perfectionism are greater when you work for yourself. You are not accountable to colleagues and bosses, but the execution and fine tuning might take to forever.
- Write Things Down. Don’t rely entirely on your memory. Different options for taking notes exist. If you don’t take notes and have documentation, chances are your memory could fail when you need it the most. Possible apps for note taking are Evernote, Any.do, Wunderlist to name a few. Writing down and scheduling results in a better overall picture. It also allows you to reflect on the working process, see it from aside, improve things and spot critical errors.
- Review And Measure Accomplishments. Go back at the end of the week for a quick review. See what is done and what needs to be done. Assess how well you are going with the schedule. Celebrate what you have finished – the feeling for success and win is an invaluable stimulation.