Here are a few psychological tricks that could help improve your productivity:
- Turn checking email into a game – start checking your inbox only once every hour. By checking you email less, your focus will be a bit more steady. Regaining focus usually takes around 20 minutes.
- Allow yourself to daydream a little – your brain in this relaxed state has an easier time coming up with creative solutions to help solve complex problems. The best break is to research something that you wish to do and thus be a little happier. Happiness leads to productivity.
- Instruct yourself out loud – this simple self – help method can help you solve problems calmly and in a more focused manner, especially when you’re feeling flustered.
- Break deadlines down into smaller measurements – when people convert their goals and deadlines from years into days made them more proactive to get started on them.
- Look at pictures of nature – even looking at an image of nature can help improve work performance.
- Constantly ask yourself about your productivity status – this will help you pause and regain focus.
Psychology and productivity are tightly linked. We hope this article has helped you understand more about some basic principles that will certainly enhance your efficiency.