We introduce you 6 tips for personal time management. Most of them are really basic and common sense, but nice to remember. Often people might lose focus on the essentials in the rush. The tips are general, yet paying attention to personality specific issues (f.ex. ‘Prime Time’).
- Prepare in advance. It is best to schedule your daily tasks the evening before. Your subconscious assimilates and works on your plans while you are sleeping.The result might be fresh ideas in the morning. A side effect is that you get feel something is accomplished and go to sleep. Often, insomnia and troubles falling asleep is that you constantly go through your plans doing a mental overview. Having set all on a list might relieve you.
- Schedule Your time. Scheduling skills improve with time. The more you do it, the more you feel you are in charge of your life. You have to schedule feasible things of course.
- Start Early. If you check biographies of great persons, there is one thing in common – these people have great organizational skills and established routines. Most often the routine is not going to bed late and waking up early. Starting early leaves you time to plan your day in advance and be more prepared.
- Organizational Skills. Don’t work in a disorder. Studies show that 30 percent of working time might be spend searching misplaced items. There should be a general concept or a master sheet for storing your files. Usually the best and simplest way is to store things in alphabetical order.
- Prime Time. It is best to organize your time, so that you are doing creative work according to your body clock. Utilize the so called ‘Prime Time’. There are two types in general, early and evening people. Still, don’t forget tip #3 (Start early). Regardless the type you are, try to get earlier, so you can organize and get more done. Prioritize your schedule and important tasks according to your prime time. The other side of the coin is the external prime time. There are many activities with a peak different from your body clock. For example, clients activity or established routines in different industries occurring at a certain time. Try to comply with that external time and still get the best results from your prime time.
- Air travel (travel) productivity. The time spent in an air travel could be utilized. If you plan ahead your tasks and prepare before going to the airport, you could do a lot within 2,3 hours flight.
Finally, a citation describes best the tips we presented:
“The more of these tools you learn to use, the more that you will get done each day.”