Stress causes major problems to our health, unless it is the right amount of stress. For example sleep problems, auto-immune problems, weight problems, depression, heart disease and more. It is a challenge to drop stress levels while doing your job and taking care of yourself and your family. There are five small things that everyone can do. These tips won’t magically solve all your problems, but they will surely help and reduce stress levels.
- Be in One-Task Mode. Get yourself immersed with what you are doing in the moment. There will always be the next task coming. It is waiting for you anyway and you don’t need to rush. Besides with dropping the stress levels, working on a single task and isolating from other distractions will improve the quality of your work.
- Let Things Go Out of Control a Bit. Fear and anxiety causes you to be stressed. Everything else you do may or may not cause fear and anxiety. So, the way you accept the world around you often matters more than the things which actually surround you. Things get stressful if they provoke fear and anxiety. Fear for failure, fear for the future outcome, prospects and so on. Keep your ideals as a guide and don’t strive for total control. Be ok with chaos and uncertainty. Focus on your actual tasks and regardless if it all goes perfect or not, you are still on the route to your ultimate goals.
- Accept People and Smile. We are upset of other people because they don’t meet our expectations. The other way around also holds true – we are afraid if we are meeting others’ expectations. In both cases we just need to accept the people for who they are. People are imperfect, including you, and they are struggling to find happiness. Accept the people around you and smile.
- Take a Walk. It is very usefull to get 2-3 minutes of walk when things get stressful. It clears your mind and can do wonders.
- Mindfulness Practices. A fully-fledged meditation practice needs 30 minutes or more. You don’t need to do that in order to get good results. Do a body scan for 10 seconds. It means to think about and feel how your body is feeling at the moment. Concentrate on your breathing for 30 seconds. Try to look aside at your thoughts and fears for a minute. Take a walk and relax, immerse into the surroundings. These are all small elements of mindfulness practices and they actually work. Do that a little bit every day and there will be an improvement.