“You are what you eat.” Probably you have heard that before. We can also conclude: “Your productivity depends on what you eat,” because the food you eat during the day, affects your productivity levels. That can be explained with the fact that our brain consumes nearly 20% of our total daily calories. The simple advice below can show you the steps for a healthier and more productive lifestyle.
- Skip the Caffeine. Same as simple sugars and carbs, the caffeine provides you power for a short time and then it drops you down. There is a way to be productive without caffeine.
- Be Careful With Your Breakfast. You shouldn’t skip it and you better consume nutrient-dense food that can carry you through until lunch without the need to use the vending machine for Snickers.
- Eat Smaller More Frequent Meals. This isn’t possible in a lot of working settings, but if you have the chance, you’d better eat multiple small meals during the day rather than three big ones.
- Consume Omega 3 Fatty Acids. You can get them from foods like flax seeds, walnuts and salmon and they can benefit to your energy levels and health.
- Carry Healthy Snacks With You. Almonds, carrots and hummus are a great healthy way to fill the time between meals without throwing your glucose levels out of balance.