If you can’t get through the day without caffeine, you can check the seven tips below that can help increasing your alertness and productivity without caffeine.
- Take a short nap. A drop nap is a quick version of the power nap and it takes only a few minutes and usually helps you to get through the rest of the day. You need a comfortable chair and something to hold with your hand so when you drop it down the floor you will wake up and continue through the challenges of the day.
- Do some micro project. A micro project is a small task that can get you away from your usual work. Doing something exciting for a few minutes away from your usual tasks will boost your alertness and productivity.
- Stretch. Stand up from your chair and do some stretching for few a while. Even if you do basic stretches, they will help you wake up.
- Play competitive games. You can play a short competitive game preferably with a fellow you know. Combining competition, strategy and social interaction will boost your brainpower.
- Hydrate! Human brain and body needs water in order to function properly. An adult person should drink an average of two litres of water per day. People who live in warm places should drink even more.
- Call a friend. Take a short call with a friend and talk about what you will do together during the weekend or after work. This will give you a mental boost and you will be able to continue your working day.
- Exercise. Engaging in an activity that speeds up the heart rate will help you boost your mind. You will feel much worse if you get caught sleeping at work rather than doing crunches or jumping jacks. If you are not afraid of getting too much sweaty and have some more time, you can spend an hour at the nearby gym. Exercising will increase the blood flow to your brain and you will forget about the caffeine.