Why need to clean your drive?
Once you have successfully made the upgrade to Windows 10, a lot of files remain on your hard drive containing useful information in case you decide to return to your old operating system (Windows 7 or Windows 8). If you don’t plan to revert your system you can free up more than 30GB free space of your hard disk just with few simple steps.
What do you need to do?
Use “Windows 10’s Disk Cleanup tool” (do not worry that you may harm your computer)
How it works?
- In the search bar type: “Disk Cleanup”
- Start the program
- You will see popup window “Disk Cleanup: Drive Selection”
- Choose boot drive disk (default is “C”)
- Press “OK” and wait until the scan is complete
- Scroll down and find the “Windows.old” folder
- Find the “Temporary Windows Installation Files”
- Check the box on the left of the folders and press “OK”
Congratulations, you have more free space on your computer!
You can return to your old operating system within 30 days after installation of Windows 10.This suggests that after these days Windows 10 will automatically delete these files itself!