Work faster and you will get more things done. The point is to find the subtle edge between reaching a burnout and pushing yourself, because you are a little bit lazy. Both are counter productive, so read on the tips to become a better time manager!
- Make a First Draft and Don’t Question Anything the First 15 Minutes. It is important that you start whatever you do. You cannot postpone it forever. You cannot foresee and plan everything before you get your hands dirty.
- Use a Timer. Unless you really have an excellent sense for the time spent, it is necessary to check up the clock. It is hardly possible to run your scheduled tasks without it.
- Don’t stop. If you get stuck, move on. Remember also to have small breaks once in an hour.
- Keep Your Desk Clean. A messy working environment impacts you in a bad way. Don’t let things go into disorder. Clean up after finishing work.
- Keep Lights Bright. There are regulations for the lighting in the work environment. Requirements are specified for different industries and work activities. Studies show that increasing light levels from 300 to 2000 lux improve productivity by 8%. The full daylight is 10000 lux (not direct sunlight).
- Keep Off Distracting Thoughts. Often the biggest challenge is to keep yourself focused. An average person has 70 000 thoughts per day. Mind that and stay on track.