We guess most of the people have heard the term “pomodoro technique”. But do you know what power it has and how important it is to your productivity? Let us explain it.
Why Using Pomodoro?
- Work with time – not against it. The 25 minute slots will help you create organization. Time is our friend, not a foe.
- Eliminate Burnouts. Having a reminder to actually take rest and recharge your batteries lessens the chance for burnout.
- Manage Distractions. Once you dedicate your time to a 25-minute task, you will see how your focus improves.
- Better Work/Life Balance. It is simple: to be able to perform better, your energy state should be on the up. Pomodoro helps you experience the work-break-work-break pattern.
Who Is Using The Technique?
To name a few, the technique could be used by writers, lawyers developers parents, students, managers, e.t.c.
How Does It Work?
- Choose a task.
- Set a pomodoro cycle for 25 minutes. You will work 25 minutes with no interruptions.
- Set a checkmark when the pomodoro rings.
- Take a short break.
- Every 4 pomodoros, take a longer break. 20 to 30 minutes is good.
Benefits Of The Technique
- You will understand how much an activity takes. This is useful when you have to give estimates or negotiate deadlines!
- Discipline yourself and cut down interruptions.
- Estimate time. Once you get used to the technique, you will be better at time estimation and planning.
- More effective pomodoros. As you practise the technique, you can adjust your activities within a pomodoro to maximize efficiency.
- Timetable of pomodoros. Knowing how much time takes to do your duties will allow you to set a proper schedule. Stop worrying what you could have done more and have some free time.
- Use the technique to define your own objectives. Mapping out task by task and allotting 25 minutes each will help you with time management.