Below are some of the best tips you can use to create a space that actually helps to improve your productivity. Environment is imperative to your productivity!
- Let the sun shine – letting plenty of daylight shine into your workspace is a proven way to increase your productivity, not to mention your overall mood and well-being.
- Keep warm and carry on – control the temperature of your workspace so that it’s aligned with your ideal comfort level.
- Pick the right music (or opt for no music at all) – Find a playlist with favourite songs. If you find it’s too hard to concentrate with music playing, try embracing silence.
- Go green – Studies say that incorporating plants into a workspace can increase productivity by 15%
- Add some yellow accents – The yellow colour makes the workspace more energizing.
- Feng shui your desk – Feng shui is often applied to the realm of interior design, so there’s no reason why you can’t apply those same feng shui principles to your desk.
- Use (at least) two monitors. – Using two monitors gives you a larger digital space to work in, which makes moving between different browser tabs and applications much easier